The World Series of Poker is returning to the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas for 2021, with 88 gold bracelets to be awarded from Sept. 30 – Nov. 23. The WSOP launched the total schedule of occasions on Tuesday, June 15, with loads of returning favorites together with a number of new and thrilling tournaments.
“Make no mistake, the 2021 WSOP will be the real deal and we’re preparing for a full house. Throughout the storied history of the WSOP, this year will be particularly memorable and we’re preparing for a poker reunion all players can celebrate,” mentioned WSOP Executive DirectorTy Stewart. “We’re beyond thrilled to offer a complete schedule of can’t-miss events including all our flagships and the variety players deserve.”
The WSOP’s press launch overlaying the schedule announcement highlighted 9 ‘new and noteworthy’ elements of the schedule:
- Oct. 1- : $500 ‘The Reunion’ – $5,000,000 GTD prize pool – An inexpensive buy-in and multi-million greenback assure headline this opening-weekend no-limit maintain’em occasion with three beginning flights.
- Oct. 8 – Nov. 19: Each Friday and Saturday of the sequence will play host to at least one of the returning ‘flagship’ no-limit maintain’em occasions which have confirmed massively standard at previous WSOP sequence, together with the ‘Millionaire Maker’, ‘Monster Stack’, ‘Double Stack’, ‘Colossus’ and ‘The Closer’.
- Oct. 5: Stakes raised for heads-up championship – The WSOP has introduced a rise to a $25,000 and a cap of 64 gamers for this 12 months’s operating of the heads-up no-limit maintain’em championship
- Oct. 10: $1,000 ‘Flip and Go’ Presented by GG Poker – An on-line sport format will make its dwell debut on the WSOP. The event kicks off with every participant being all-in on the primary hand, having been dealt three playing cards with the choice to decide on which two to play. A flip will probably be performed out with the entire desk, leading to only one participant transferring on to being within the cash, with the event persevering with to play out in a extra conventional method from there on out.
- Oct. 27 – 28: Seniors occasion modifications – The seniors occasion this 12 months will function two beginning days and one elective re-entry per flight.
- Oct. 6, 13, 18, 21, and 24: More ‘freezout’ occasions on the schedule – The WSOP highlighted that, in 2021, “every popular buy-in level from $500 to $5,000 will offer a true freezeout.”
- Oct. 31: Poker Players’ Championship provides deuce-to-seven no-limit single draw again into the combo – This $50,000 buy-in mainstay of the sequence is increasing prime a nine-game combine by bringing one other big-bet sport again into the fold.
- Nov. 17: Poker Hall of Fame Bounty Event – All dwelling Poker Hall of Fame members are invited to freeroll into the $1,979 No-Limit Hold’em event, with the buy-in priced in honor of the Hall of Fame’s founding 12 months. This occasion will probably be open to all gamers. Each collaborating Hall of Famer can have a bounty akin to the 12 months they had been inducted into poker’s most unique membership. The 2021 inductee will probably be introduced in the course of the occasion.
- Nov. 19: Pot-limit Omaha excessive curler buy-in elevated – The WSOP will host its highest buy-in pot-limit Omaha occasion ever in 2021 with a brand new $50,000 buy-in PLO excessive curler, which will probably be half of a collection of high-stakes tournaments happening after the WSOP important occasion that may even embody $50,000, $100,000 and $250,000 buy-in no-limit maintain’em occasions.
“We could not be more excited to welcome everyone back to Las Vegas and the Rio,” mentioned WSOP Vice President and Tournament Director, Jack Effel. “The entire WSOP team is hard at work to ensure players have the absolute best experience possible.”
The WSOP important occasion can have 4 beginning flights to select from between Nov. 4-7. The ultimate desk is at the moment slated for Tuesday, Nov.16 and Wednesday, Nov. 17.